LEARN ABOUT FIBER
What is Fiber optics?
Benefits of Fiber Optic
- A major factor in making the move to fiber technology is that you are able to use fiber over longer distances with little to no signal slowing. Speeds are very fast and consistent.
- When using fiber technology waiting to upload and download from the internet is a thing of the past. This makes it easier for you to get things done.
- Uploading and downloading data between copper and fiber technology is very noticeable. We all have had to wait for a favorite movie to load, with fiber technology streaming is instantaneous.
- With old copper technology reliability was a concern. Copper cabling is very delicate and can break easily. Even though fiber optic cable is made of glass, fiber is strong and much more efficient.
Customers already operating on fiber optic cable will be contacted by GRTI to schedule an appointment to update the DSL equipment in their home. Current modems will be replaced with a new GigaCenter which will be placed inside your home, this will protect it from the extreme heat during the summer. The GigaCenter will work hand-in-hand with your fiber optic connection to deliver the best possible service.
Here’s how you can help GRTI
- Schedule an appointment with GRTI when we contact you.
- An adult 18 years of age or older must be present during the installation.
- If you must cancel the appointment, contact GRTI Immediately to reschedule.
Technology for the future
Fiber Service Battery Backup Notification
For years, your landline telephone would allow you to place calls during a power outage. Today, if your residential telephone service is provided using fiber optics it requires a backup battery during a power outage.
GRTI currently provides an 8-hour standby time of backup battery to you at no cost. This avoids disruption of phone service and allows you the ability to connect to 911 emergency services. If you require a battery backup with a longer standby time please call GRTI to inquire about the 24-hour standby battery backup.
Please note, the battery backup does not support your Internet service. You will also need a corded phone since a cordless phone requires power. Please contact GRTI if you have additional questions.