Acceptable Use Policy
Gila River Telecommunications, Inc. Internet Service Acceptable Use Policy and Disclosure Statement
You may use the Service for any lawful purpose; however, the following is considered illegal or unacceptable and constitutes a violation of this policy.
- Using the Service in any way that violates any local, state, tribal, and national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
- Using the Service to interfere with access to the Internet by other parties or disrupt the Internet or its users in any way.
- Using the Service to harm, harass, degrade, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- Using the Service to transmit any material that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property, that constitutes hate speech, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense.
- Using the Service to harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort upon another.
- Using the Service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "ponzi schemes," and "chain letters", or to engage in any form of illegal lottery or gambling.
- Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead.
- Using the Service to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. This includes activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email, whether or not that email is commercial in nature.
- Using the Service to gain unauthorized access to any computer systems, or to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of computers connected to the Internet, electronic communications systems, or telecommunications systems, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Using the Service to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of music or photographs from copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Using the Service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Using the Service to harm minors in anyway.
- Linking a home page to locations that violate any of the above rules.
Network Management Practices
The Company utilizes reasonable practices to ensure the security, integrity and performance of its Internet network. These practices include but are not limited to:
- Congestion Management – [GRTI measures and monitors network performance in order to ensure a consistent and high quality Internet access service is being provided to its customers. In the event GRTI identifies congestion in any part of its network, GRTI will take the steps necessary to resolve such an issue. These steps include, but are not necessarily limited to, identifying unreasonably high individual customer usage and temporarily limiting available bandwidth to those customers, identifying specific types of high usage traffic and limiting available bandwidth available to those specific types of activity, and other such practices as to ensure sufficient bandwidth is available to all of GRTI’s customers.
- GRTI at this time does not limit access or bandwidth to any specific Internet applications. However, GRTI reserves the right to reasonably manage its network and may, in the future, consider such a practice. The implementation of any such application-specific limitation policy will be clearly noted in an update to this Disclosure Statement.
- GRTI does not limit the number of attachment devices to the service except when devices are deemed unlawful. GRTI provides one DSL modem per DSL line when service is provisioned over copper wiring.
- GRTI operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. GRTI security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by GRTI customers. In addition, GRTI may identify spam and prevent its delivery to customer email accounts, detect malicious Internet traffic and prevent the distribution of viruses or other harmful code or content and use other tools and techniques that GRTI may be required to implement in order to meet its goal of delivering the best possible broadband Internet experience to all GRTI customers.
- GRTI and its subsidiary companies presently offer facilities-based VoIP services. No other “specialized services” are offered or provided at this time by GRTI or its affiliated subsidiary companies.
Questions regarding acceptable use should be directed to: